After using the car cover, you need to clean the cover regularly. It doesn’t matter how dirty your car cover is! You may not see the hidden harmful elements of your car cover, such as moisture, germs, bacteria, and other elements. There are couples of methods you may discover, such as using a washing machine, using a hand, and others.
Can you put a car cover in the washing machine? Yes, you can wash your car cover using a washing machine. Most of the car cover clothes allow for washing the cover with washing machine. Washing car cover with the machine is tricky enough but possible to do with maintaining some steps.
In this article, you will get 2 methods such as washing machine and hands cover for washing. Moreover, you will also get some tips and tricks so that you can avoid mistakes and professionally clean your car cover. So, stay tuned.
1. Can You Put a Car Cover in the Washing Machine? (Using Washing Machine)
If you want to use a washing machine to wash your car cover, this section truly helps you wash your car cover. However, you need to complete 6 steps to wash your car in the washing machine. So, let’s do the task practically.
- Step 1: First of all, you should ensure that your car cover is washable into the washing machine. I found lots of car covers which are not washable. Note, you can check out the tag to ensure.
- Step 2: If you fulfill the first step, then you should insert your car cover under the machine with cold water. Otherwise, you can avoid using a washing machine.
- Step 3: Add some mild soap or you can also use car cover washing powder.
- Step 4: If your washer has a cycle option, then you should press the one for delicate clothes.
- Step 5: Once the cycle is cover properly, you just need to rinse extra time.
- Step 6: Finally, you should use an air dryer to dry your car cover.
I hope that you complete your process properly and easily wash your car cover using the washing machine. However, it would help if you also avoided some important things to wash your car cover safely. Let’s check them out.
Avoid the Following Things to Wash a Car Cover
When you are going to wash your car cover, you should keep in mind the following things so that you can safely clean or wash your car cover.
- Hot water
- Clothes softener
- Domestic washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Aggressive detergent
2. How to Wash a Car Cover by Hand?
If you want to find the washing machine or don’t accept the car cover, you should use your hand and clean it properly. But how can you complete the process? Well, check out the following steps to wash your car cover using your hand. Note, it is one of the safest processes I ever found.
Collect Needed Materials
- Mild detergent
- Water (Cold)
- A place to hang the cover (Hanger and clips)
Have you collected the materials? If your answer is yes, then jump through the following steps.
- Step 1: First of all, you need to cover your car with the car so that the wrinkle and folding are easily removable.
- Step 2: Now, take your bucket with water and detergent and perfectly mixed them.
- Step 3: Spray the cover with your hose so that it easily loosen any debris, dust, and other things.
- Step 4: After that, soak the sponge with detergent and scrub the cover.
- Step 5: You should raise them two or three times so that the debris easily remove.
- Step 6: Turn the cover off your car.
- Step 7: Repeat the whole process again.
- Step 8: Remove the cover and hang your selected place (You should choose a sunny place).
If you complete the whole process, you should also keep in mind some important things. Whatever the following elements, you must need to avoid when you use your hand.
- Hot water
- Aggressive elements
- Cloth softeners
3. How to Clean Stain Car Cover?
This is my number third number method. This problem is common for most car owners. So, I think it is important for me to discuss it. However, it is very simple to clean stains from car covers. So, check out the following steps to clean the car cover properly.
- Step 1: You should collect mild detergent, vinegar, warm water, and a bucket.
- Step 2: Take water from the bucket and mix all of them. You need to use a rubbing cloth to remove the stain from your car cover.
- Step 3: Finally, you need to use sap cloth and ethanol to rub the stain the proper way.
- Step 4: If you think that the method is hard enough for you, then you can hire a plumber to solve the issue.
Experts Tips & Tricks to Wash the Car Cover Safely
Now, you have three methods to wash your car. If you have any other issues with cleaning the car, then you will let me know in the following comment box. But, you should also keep in mind some expert tips and tricks to clean your car cover safely. So, let’s check out the pro-level tips and tricks.
- You never need to use warm water because maximum car cover doesn’t allow warm water.
- Before you starting to wash or removing the bad elements, check out your car cover user manual to know the cloth quality.
- You must need to clean your car cover carefully, taking the proper time.
- Don’t use extreme heat after washing the car cover.
- Try to apply a natural process so that you can safely clean your car cover.
I hope that the tips and tricks help you a lot to wash your car cover properly. Each of the tips and tricks, and methods is actionable. So, without worrying, you can use the above methods, tips, and tricks.
FAQs (Frequently Ask Questions)
Q: How can I wash my car cover at home?
A: If you want to wash your car cover at home, then you can apply the number 2 method, which you need to use your hand. The process is very simple but actionable. On the other hand, you may also reduce the chemical cost.
Q: Do you need to wash the car cover?
A: Of course, you need to do that if your car cover permits you to wash the cover. If you clean your car cover properly, then you will always get a new feeling from your car cover. Moreover, you can also be safe from moisture, pollen, bacteria, mud, and other elements.
Now, you have completed 3 actionable methods, and most of the car owners are using the methods without any hassles. However, when you wash your car cover properly, you may get a couple of benefits that are truly important for you. I hope that you already clear yourself of this matter.
- How to take off wet car cover?
- Should I cover my car with a tarp?
- What to do with a wet car cover?
- Should you cover your car in rain?
Hi, I am, Raphael E Loy, have profound knowledge of the automotive industry, and my passion for the car goes beyond just the technical aspects. For the past decade, I have pursued a carrier in automotive photography and journalism. I am a car enthusiast and love everything that has to do with cars and automotive vehicles. In my leisure time, I can be found in my small garage under the hood of a rare model. Over the years of experience in line with this, I have been writing for popular blogs and websites.